Monday, June 14, 2010

Can I Just Start Over???

I honestly don't get it....how you can be super motivated one day and then totally lacking another?

Towards the end of last week, I didn't care one ounce whether or not I was fat. I tried to make healthy choices, when I made poor choices, I watched portion control and I walked almost every morning. When the weekend finally arrived, all I could think about was pizza and ice cream.

So here I sit, having eaten too much over the weekend, afraid to get on the scale and face the music and running out of fat clothes. This whole battle of the bulge is exactly that....a battle and it's one that has me feeling defeated.

Here is what I am going to do. I am going to take it one day at a time....one little obstacle at a time. On days when I am feeling super motivated, I'll be thankful and run with it. On days when I fall off the wagon and feel like eating the wagon, I will re-evaluate and find positive things to be thankful for, like elastic waisted pants. ;-) Honestly, on days when I feel defeated, I will find something good to focus on and move past the negative.

Here's hoping I have a better week. I have a long way to go on this journey and it's a journey that will continue for the rest of my life. Maybe just looking at it as a journey instead of a battle will help me do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment