Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Battle of the Bulge - Day 2

Yesterday was just okay as far as better eating goes. We had graduation for our 18 year old to go to and at 3:00 pm, we discovered we needed to leave our house an hour earlier than we had originally planned. That threw off our scheduled and at 4:00 pm, when I was still trying to get kids ready and hadn't made a thing for dinner, I ordered pizza. I wasn't horrible....I didn't eat a whole pizza our anything like that but I did eat things that I wasn't really craving and didn't really need just because I was horribly short on time and it was easier to eat pizza than prepare a salad. Here is what I learned yesterday: it would be helpful to have ready made or super easy to throw together food options in my refrigerator. I am grilling up a bunch of chicken later today and chopping it up so that I can use it in wraps and salads. I also need to do a little bit of shopping. I am craving asparagus and salad of all things.

Here is my goals for today. I will grill up my chicken and go through the fridge so that I can make a shopping list. I will have my husband lock the fridge tonight. I know, it sounds crazy but I have a horrible habit of eating in the middle of the night. Not because I am hungry, not because I feel deprived, just because it is a horrible habit that I have established throughout the yars. If I can rid myself of that habit, I know that I will sleep better throughout the night and will wake up feeling more refreshed and without a stomach ache.

On the exercise front, I completed day 1 of the pushup challenge yesterday and am feleing it today! I get a rest from pushups today but will start day 1 of the situp challenge. I got up and went walking this morning too which is awesome because I am so tired right now that I am barely functioning. =)

That's it for today. I'm looking forward to a healthy day with some light eating. I will listen to my body and eat what it needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment