Monday, June 7, 2010

Battle of the Bulge Days - 4 - 7

WOW! I haven't blogged because my whole family has been fighting the flu bug since about 12:30 am Friday. My almost 4 year old got it first and was throwing up 15 to 30 minutes. I was so tired Friday after being awake all night dealing with Megan. I spent the day doing laundry (I had three loads just from Megan's vomit-fest) and napping. By Friday night I was completely worn out and started feeling ill myself so I went to bed early and started my own puke-fest at about 4:30 in the morning Saturday. By Saturday afternoon, my 10 year old and 18 year old had joined in the fun and my husband, Keith, was doing his best to take care of everyone despite the fact that he was starting to feel sick himself.

I am SOOOOOO glad to be back to normal! My stomach still feels just a little upset but that is likely because I have eaten anything except for a handful of soda crackers over the last 48 hours.

Needless to say, the only exercise I have done has involved running loads of laundry down to the laundry room and running back and forth from the bathroom.

I am back on track today! I have a fridge full of grilled chicken that I made last week that I plan on eating for lunch and dinner tonight. I also have some beautiful organic greens for a salad which I am really looking forward to eating.

I'll also be starting over on the push-up challenge with day 1 today. My body just feels so weak so I'll see how it goes. I am also starting the situp challenge tomorrow and I will be walking 6 days this week.

I am anxiously waiting for a new book to arrive called the Ultimate New York Diet. I'm excited about the program! It sounds very realistic. I heard the creator of the program talk about it while listening to the Dr. Oz radio show and it sounds both promising and doable. We'll see! If anything, it will be another tool for me to use in creating a program tailored specifically for me.

Alright....I have a goal for today besides making healthy food choices and getting in my walking and pushups. I am going to try to add a weight loss tracker to my blog. I'll see if I can figure out how to do that kinda thing. I think it will help with my motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment