Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Battle of the Bulge - Day 8

I am so happy to be starting day 8 in my quest to win the battle of the bulge! I still feel very motivated to conquer this little issue of weight once and for all and make a change in my life for the better.

I'm still feeling a little weak from the stomach flu last week so I am going to rest a little today. I'm thinking that a nap this afternoon sounds perfect!

Here is an update on the exercise front. I completed day one of the pushup challenge yesterday. I decided to start fresh seeing as I didn't complete week one last week. I have also decided that I am not going to take the easy way out. I will be doing full pushups, women's pushups. It is soooo hard! I have to confess that I did "real" pushups on day one of last week and then decided that I would switch to women's pushups on the second day of the challenge. I have new motivation and have decided that this is called a challenge because it is supposed to be just that...challenging and I have decided that I am ready for the full challenge. I feel good this morning. I'm not as sore as I was after doing pushups last week which is a great thing!

I enjoyed a nice walk this morning and I went a little further than I normally do. My goal is to eventually work my way up to walking about 4 miles a day. I also decided today that I am NOT going to run. After I'm in better shape, I may change my mind but for now, brisk walking works for me.

I'm off to start day one of the situp challenge! I'm not sure what it entails just yet but I'm hoping it isn't too hard on my body. lol

I'm really, really hoping to be down 2 pounds by Friday. I guess we'll see what we see!

No comments:

Post a Comment