Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Is Exercise Really The Answer???

If you read my post entitled "The Belly Fat Cure", you already know that my husband and I have started following a new diet plan by Jorge Cruise. We finished up three weeks and are now into our fourth week. The most amazing thing is that neither have us have cheated once! Not even over Valentine's day when we had oodles of chocolate in the house! That is some kind of record for us! I even make crepes for the kids for dinner last night and sprinkled cinnamon sugar on them and I didn't even lick my fingers! I'm really quite impressed with our stamina and will power on this plan.

Despite a fantastic will to succeed and power to overcome things that we shouldn't eat, our weight loss has slowed down significantly. Keith has now lost a total of 18 pounds and I am at 11 and I find myself looking for ways to help speed up metabolism and for some reason, the word "exercise" keeps coming to mind. Gosh, just looking at the word makes me cringe and causes my muscles to ache. Is exercise really the answer? Isn't there some kind of magic pill I can take that would do the same thing without causing excessive sweating, heart palpitations and heavy breathing? Unfortunately, the more I think about it, the more I realize that there really isn't a better way to optimize our weight loss efforts and ultimately acheive better health then getting off of our butts, putting Jillian Michaels Shred DVD in and entering the depths of hell as we try to follow along.

I know what is coming and I can't believe that I'm about to embark on the journey of exercise once again. Will it be tough? YES! Will it be painful? YES! Will it be worth it? Gosh darnit, it had better be! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment