Friday, January 14, 2011

Old Habits Are Slowly Dying!

So, I've been following the Weight Watchers points program since Monday and is going fantastically well!

I must however confess that I have horrible habit of eating in the middle of the middle of the night. This is a problem that doesn't work very well with the whole "healthier lifestyle" phylosophy. I seem to suffer from sleep problems and am usually up at least twice during the night. The biggest problem is that when I awake I usually find myself STARVING which leads me towards the kitchen where I consume foods I woudln't normally eat.....handfuls of pepperoni, spoofuls of icing or peanut butter....I know...it's a terrible habit! Even when I was on Weight Watchers before, this is a habit that I couldn't seem to break myself of but I did tend to make healthier choices in the middle of the night....things like bananas and 100 calorie packs. This time around (which I am deteremined will be my last time around)I have been determined to rid myself of this habit once and for all!

Monday night I found myself in the kitchen with the fridge open and I ate 10 pieces of pepperoni. Not too horribly bad. I even counted it towards my Weight Watchers points for the day.

I am happy to report that since Monday night, I have not ventured into the fridge in the middle of the night! I feel like this is a HUGE victory for me. I am still fiding myself awake and starving in the middle of the night but I have made a conscious decision not to venture into the kitchen otherwise known as the twilight zone where weird things that aren't suppose to happen occur!

I am doing a happy dance this morning! I realize that I have only succeeded for three nights but it is three consecutive nights! I am on the right path and it feels great!

No comments:

Post a Comment