Monday, January 17, 2011

3.5 To Go!

Well....I made it through 1 full week of Weight Watchers and got on the scale to weigh in this morning. Drum roll please! I lost a total of 6.5 pounds my first week. Definitely not too shabby! I am really excited with my results althought, I must admit, it feels like I have been dieting forever and that I should be so much closer to my goal. I have decided to break this big goal down into 10 pound increments. It is so much easier to handle losing 10 pounds at a time. I will celebrate with every 10 pound loss I have. Only 3.5 more pounds to go until my first celebration!

On another happy note, I haven't gotten up in the middle of the night to eat since my last post! That's six nights in a row without any midnight snacking! Haleluia! It looks like I will finally be able to put that awful habit behind me once and for all.

Here is what I have learned this week. First of all, I learned that it is okay to be hungry. I have also learned that I can go to the movies, not get any popcorn and be okay with it. Keith and I went to the movie theater this week and though I felt a little sorry for myself when I bypassed the treats at the concession stand, I was very proud of myself and relieved as we left the theater that I didn't have a popcorn stomach ache. It has been a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment