Monday, October 31, 2011

On My Way To Hotness

Well, you remember that brand new start I talked about at the end of August? It has taken me a little longer to make some permanent commitments to wellness in my life. One week ago I set new goals. I got on the scale, something I haven't done in AGES! I didn't want to get on the scale. I also looked in the mirror and came to realization that pants were tight because of what I had been putting into my body, not because they shrunk in the dryer. I needed a serious reality check. When I've started diets in the past several months I have been in a fog. I didn't really want to know what the scale said. I just wanted to lose wait quickly so I could pretend that I was never really as heavy as I was. I was living in la la land. How on earth could I expect to lose weight if I didn't even know where I was starting? I had to come to the realization that I needed to be accountable for the things that I ate. I didn't want to plan meals, didn't want to track food, didn't want to know where I was starting! How foolish!

I passed the number on the scale that I swore I would never pass and it shocked me into the reality that if I didn't do something about it now, that number was going to continue increasing and I didn't want that to happen. Right then and there I made a decision to do something about it. I had seen some wonderful before and after pictures of a gal on a board that I am a member of. She had lost 92 pounds and looked AMAZING! That is what brought me to the scale to finally face reality. It also motivated me to do something about my lumpiness. She was excited about the transformation she had made and was willing to share her experience and I drank it all up!

I am now a member of something called myfitnesspal.com. What a FANTASTIC site! It is completely free and allows you to track all of your meals and your exercise. It is a way of being accountable to myself for what I am putting into my body. I track every single day and I have my husband tracking too! Honestly, when you have to be accountable for what you are eating, it makes a big difference. I won't put an M&M in my mouth because I don't want to have to see it on my food log. I weighed in last night and in one week, I have lost 9 pounds! I have a long way to go but I am feeling fantastic and more motivated than ever before.

Here is to one fantastic week! I can and will do this. I have finally faced the music and am taking accountability and I couldn't be more content.

No comments:

Post a Comment